Adekunle Gold born as Adekunle Kosoko hails from a royal family in Lagos Island. The royal prince is a Nigerian graphic designer and singer-songwriter currently signed to YBNL Nation, founded by Olamide Baddo. He is referred to “YBNL Toaster” by fans for his combination of urban highlife and R&B genres. There is no doubt that royal prince turns everything he touches into gold.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the King of Photoshop, Adekunle Gold:
1. He is a member of the famous Kosoko royal house of Lagos and a prince of Lagos.
2. He is a nephew to legendary Nollywood actor, Jide Kosoko.
3. At the age of 15, he wrote his first song and join the junior choir of his church.
4. He holds a Higher National Diploma in Arts and Design majoring in Graphics at the Lagos State Polytechnic.
5. He was a member of all boy group called “The Bridge”. Before it was disbanded, it released a couple of singles and featured artists like Skales and GT the Guitarman .
6. Adekunle Gold is also a graphic designer, painter and sculptor.
7. He is signed to YBNL Nation, founded by Olamide Baddo. He also designed the YBNL’s official logo.
8. He went viral after photoshopping himself into photos of popular celebs which earned him the name, ‘King of Photoshop’.
9. His debut single, ‘Sade’ won the Best alternative song award at the 2015 Headies Awards ceremony. In 2015, he won the award for Revelation of the Year at the AFRIMA.
10. His album “Orente” was inspired by a his life experience. Adekunle Gold has starred on Kunle Afolayan’s upcoming thriller, “The CEO”.