The prominent Nollywood veteran actor, Chiwetalu Agu was born in the year 1956 in Enugu, Nigeria. He is known for his for ingenuity and uniqueness as an actor because of his humor, wit and invention of specific clichés in every film that he stars in. There is no doubt that the 60-years-old veteran Nollywood actor has been a source of inspiration and encouragement to many actors and actress in the Nigerian entertainment industry.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the Nollywood veteran actor, Chiwetalu Agu:
1. Chiwetalu Agu was born on 1956 in Enugu, Nigeria.
2. He is listed as one of the outstanding comedians who have contributed to the development of Nollywood comic genres by Prof. Femi Shaka of the University of Port Harcourt.
3. He is married to Nkechi Agu and they are blessed with three sons and two daughters.
4. He also featured in Nigerian Television Authority Channel 8 Enugu’s Ikoro, produced by Joe Onyekwere.
5. He mentioned in a film that his ingenuity is unique as an actor because of his humor, wit and invention of specific clichés in every film that he stars in.
6. She also mentioned in an interview that he finds it difficult to reconcile his lifestyle with the negative roles he plays and also admits to shedding some tears for the different characters that he plays.
7. He was the winner in the first ever Nollywood Movie Awards 2012 for the Best Actor in an Indigenous Movie: non English speaking language for his role in Nkwocha.
8. He was nominated for the 4th Annual African Movie Academy Awards for his role in the movie “Across the Niger” for the Best Actor in a Supporting Role in 2008.
9. He has starred in numerous blockbuster Nollywood films and has also worked with a prominent Nigerian stars like Patience Ozorkwor, Ireti Doyle and Pete Edochie to mention a few.
10. Since he broke into the Nigerian entertainment scene 31 years ago, he has starred in over 150 films.