Famously called Don Jazzy, Micheal Collins Ajereh (born 26 Novemeber 1982) is known for being the brain behind some of the top Hip Hop music Nigeria has ever produced. He is a multi-winning award record producer, singer-songwriter, musician, former CEO of Mo’Hits Records and current CEO of Marvin Records label. Known for being jovial and playful, especially on his various social media accounts, Don jazzy is evidently enjoying the good life.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about Nigeria’s foremost music maker, Don Jazzy:
1. Don Jazzy was born in Umuahia. His family moved to Ajegunle, a city in Lagos where he was raised and graduated from Federal Government College Lagos.
2. From the age of four, he developed a flair for music, singing and playing the drums. In 2000 he moved to London to play the drums for the local church.
3. At the age of 12, he developed a passion for the bass guitar and he went on to study Business Management at the Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma in Edo state.
4. Don Jazzy was employed in various odd jobs including working at McDonalds and as a security guard.
5. Don Jazzy’s first full credit production work was in 2004 on “Tongolo” for Nigerian singer D’banj. He went on to produce D’banj’s first studio album titled “No Long Thing” which was released in 2005.
6. He collaborated with Jay Z and Kanye West on the production of Lift Off, featuring Beyonce on the album watch the throne, released on 8 August 2011.
7. Don Jazzy has produced tracks for Dr SID, D’Prince, Naeto C and Tiwa Savage.
8. He has investment in oil, owning a large number of fuel tankers.
9. In 2011 his talents got him noticed by Kanye West who signed him up as a producer on his GOOD Music label.
10. In 2015, Don Jazzy was awarded the People Entertainment Award and the Special Recognition Award for his contribution to the music industry.