The Nigerian performer, singer and songwriter, Kcee born as Kingsley Chinweike Okonkwo on 18 April 1979 in Ajegunle, Nigeria. He is currently signed to Five Star Music record label. Kcee and his longtime partner and friend Presh made an impact in the entertainment industry as a duo for 12-years they worked together as music partners which gave then both a few recognition until 2011 when they called for a split both chasing their own career.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the Nigerian performer, Kcee:
1. Kcee was born as Kingsley Chinweike Okonkwo on 18 April 1979 in Ajegunle, Nigeria.
2. He attended Tolu Primary School and he holds a Degree in Theater Arts from the University of Nsukka. His childhood dream was to become a professional footballer as he played for Julius Berger and Puma football clubs locally.
3. He and his older brother, Emeka Okonkwo formed the recording label, Five Star Music. He was formally in the Hip Hop duo group called “Kc Presh’s” and his father used to be a Dj.
4. Kcee and his longtime partner and friend Presh met in church, they both led the church choir. They later both entered for the Star Quest TV reality show together and won the show.
5. He has worked with famous names like Harrysong, Davido, E-Money, Akoo Nana and Skiibii to name a few.
6. He signed a multi millionaire endorsement deal with telecommunications company, MTN in 2013.
7. He won the Song of the Year award at the 2013 Headies Awards and also won the Hip Hop World Revelation of the Year at the 2014 Headies Awards.
8. He signed a multi millionaire endorsement deal with telecommunications company, MTN and with Magnum in 2015.
9. He was made the brand ambassador for MTN and as well as a peace ambassador for African First Ladies peace Mission.
10. His hit single titled “Limpopo” topped many music charts in Nigeria and other African continents.