The popular Nigerian actor, director, singer and producer, Odunlade Adekola was born on 31 December 1978 at Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria. He recently starred, produced and directed a new movie called “Adebayo Aremu Abere”. He has worked with prominet entertainment stars which has helped him produce groundbreaking and blockbuster films. The 37-years-old popular Yoruba actor has definitely brought a change into the Nigerian entertainment industry and has paved a successful career for himself in the entertainment world.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the versatile Nigerian actor, Odunlade Adekola:
1. Odunlade Adekola was born on 31 December 1978 at Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria.
2. He completed his primary and secondary education at St John’s Primary School and St Peter’s College in Abeokuta.
3. He obtained the West African School Certificate Examination before he later proceeded to Moshood Abiola Polytechnic where he received a diploma certificate.
4. He commenced acting at a very tender age. He would perform in church events and in any anniversaries around his neighbourhood.
5. He began acting in 1996, the same year he joined the Association of Nigeria Theatre Arts practitioners. He has featured in more than 100 Yoruba movies.
6. He was under the tutelage of the late Nollywood actor and producer, Isola Durojaiye also known as Alasari.
7. On April 2014, he won the Africa Movie Academy Award, having emerged as best actor of the year alongside Fathia Balogun who emerged as best actress of the year.
8. In December 2015, he marked his entrance into the Nigerian music industry.
9. He has worked with prominent entertainment stars like Hafeez Oyetoro, Femi Jacobs, Ijeoma Grace Agu and Richard Akinladen to mention a few.
10. He also starred in the 2015 Nigerian dark comedy thriller film, Taxi Driver: Oko Ashewo, directed by Daniel Oriahi.