Patoranking born as Patrick Nnaemeka Okorie on 27 May 1990 hails from Lagos Nigeria. He is a Nigerian reggae dancehall singer and songwriter who is signed to VP Records. Patoranking also known as the reggae dancehall king stormed the Nigerian music scene with his hit song “Girlie O” which won the hearts of many fans. The talented 25-years-old musician has shown that it takes perseverance, determination and handwork to succeed in your dreams.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the reggae dancehall singer, Patoranking:
1. Patoranking was born on 27 May 1990 from Lagos, Nigeria. He attended the Jibril Martin Memorial Grammar School in Iponri.
2. He began performing in a young age by performing at street jams and being a carnival dancer. In 2003, he joined a boy group called “Da Flavour Squad”.
3. He was a rat poison seller and a bricklayer before he made it big in the music industry.
4. He began his music career by collaborating with musician like Konga, Reggie Rockstone, Slam and XProject.
5. His mentors are Blackface, Fela Kuti, Bubu Banton, Lucky Dube, Bob Marley, 2Face Idibia and Masjek Fashek to name a few.
6. His single “Up in D Club” was released in 2010 under K-Solo’s Igberaga Records. After collaborating with Timaya on the single “Alubarika”, he became a protege of Dem Mama Records.
7. He broke into the limelight in February 2014, after being signed to Fosten Musik and released his hit single “Girlie O Remix” which featured Tiwa Savage.
8. He later signed a record deal with VP Records. He has collaborated with artist like Seyi Shay, Lil Kesh, Waje, Tiwa Savage and WizzyPro.
9. His hit singles “My Woman, My Everything” and “Daniella Whine” topped many music charts in Nigeria and Africa. He recently became the new ambassador for Malivelihood Luxury.
10. In the year 2014, he won multiple awards including the Best Reggae/Dancehall Single and Best Collaboration at The Headies and also the Best New Act of the Year at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards.