The Managing Director and Co-Founder of Sahara Group, Tonye Cole was born in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria and his is the offspring of Patrick Cole. He was involved in the design and implementation of the urban planning and city development of Palmas. There is no doubt that he has been a source of encouragement and inspiration to the youth of Nigeria and Africa.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the Managing Director and Co-founder of Sahara Group, Tonye Cole:
1. Tonye Cole was born in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria and his is the offspring of Patrick Cole.
2. He attended the Corona School, Victoria Island and later King’s College in Lagos before proceeding to King’s School in the UK.
3. He is also an alumnus of the University of Lagos and Universidade de Brasilia, Brazil.
4. He worked as an architect in a Brazilian architectural firm, Grupo Quartro SA in Goiania Brazil from 1990 to 1992.
5. He was involved in the design and implementation of the urban planning and city development of Palmas.
6. When he returned to Nigeria in 1993, he was employed as the Director of Operations at a Brazilian Civil Engineering company, EMSA S.A.
7. In 2011, he launched the “Nehemiah Project”, a project patterned after Nehemiah’s reputation as the re-builder of Jerusalem.
8. He is known as a frequent speaker at forums, meets and conferences.
9. He is also known to empower and inspire Nigerian youths to discover, explore and realize their full potential.
10. He is married to Sylvia Cole and they are blessed with beautiful children.