Chris Giwa had claimed earlier that he got a ruling from a high court in Jos nullifying Amaju Pinnick’s election as NFF President and also asking that he, Giwa, take over the glass house as the new NFF President.
The Registrar of the Federal High Court, Jos, Chika Udenkwo has poured cold water on the claim by the Chris Giwa group in the crisis threatening the peace of Nigeria’s football that the Court sacked the Amaju-Pinnick-led Board of the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF.
He said the motion prayed for three orders namely extension of time to re-list, order to re-list and lastly restoration of all orders made. The Court, he said, ruled for extension of time within which to apply to re-list for hearing and determination of the suit together with all the motions pending which were discontinued and struck out by the court on October 30, 2014. He said the court also restored all orders made by it in 2014 in the suit brought by the Giwa group, stressing that “there is no place in the order where the court removed Amaju Pinnick as the president of the Nigeria Football Federation.”
He added that the only controversy was an interim order in respect of a “Motion Exparte” brought by Obinna Ogba and Yahaya Adama for the Giwa group restraining the third defendants who were Aminu Maigari, Musa Ahmadu as well as the Executive Committee of the then board and all the 36 state FAs pending the determination of the Motion on Notice.
“You can see that from that ruling, there is no place in the ruling where the court mentioned Amaju Pinnick,” Udenkwo stressed.
This disclosure is contrary to the stories peddled by the Giwa group that the Jos High Court sacked the Pinnick-led NFF and that they were the authentic NFF and thus were prepared to take over the NFF secretariat.