Application Deadline: 29th June 2016
- D. degree within the last 5 years in bioinformatics or computational biology, or PhD in biological sciences with at least 3 years of relevant bioinformatics experience.
- Proficiency in R and/or Python programming.
- Strong skills in the application of computational and statistical analytical techniques with a focus on high-dimensional and multivariate data analysis.
- Authorship of peer-reviewed publications related to bioinformatics or immunology.
Selection Criteria: Candidate must
- Demonstrate solid scientific proficiency, creativity, critical thinking ability to collaborate effectively with others, and independent thought processes.
- Have the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities with exceptional organizational and time management skills.
Number of Awardees: One (1)
Value of Scholarship: Valued between R300,000 and R350,000 per year and will depend on relevant experience and skills.
Duration of Scholarship: The fellowship is initially tenable for three years, but renewal each year will be contingent on annual progress and performance reviews.
How to Apply: To apply, please email a letter of motivation, full CV and contact details of 3 referees, clearly indicating “Postdoctoral Fellowship” in the subject line, to Mrs Alison September at email@example.com or fax to +27 21 4066693.
For more information, click here: http://bit.ly/28ML2ua