The Executive Producer & host of a TV talk show, Moments with Mo, Mosunmola Abudu was born on 11 September 1964 in London, UK. Africa’s Most Successful Woman as described by Forbes, was recently honoured with a Honorary Doctorate Degree from Nigeria’s premier private university, Babcock University. She has also been listed as one of the 25 Most Powerful Women in Global TV by a Hollywood Reporter. There is no doubt that the Nigerian media proprietor has definitely been a source of inspiration and role model to many youths throughout the globe.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the Nigerian talk show host and media proprietor, Mosunmola Abudu:
1. Mosunmola Abudu was born on 11 September 1964 in London, UK.
2. At the tender age of 7-years-old, her family relocated to Lagos, Nigeria where she went to stay with her grandparents at their cocoa farm in Ondo State.
3. She attended the Fiwasaye Girls Grammar School and later attended the Hammersmith County Secondary School, after her father passed away. She then moved to Tunbridge Wells, where she lived with her guardian and was enrolled at the Ridgeway School.
4. She holds a Masters Degree in HR Management from the University of Westminster, London. She is also a member of the British Psychological Society and is qualified in occupational and personality testing.
5. She commenced her career as a recruitment consultant in the UK in 1987 and later became a branch manager. She went on to work for the Starform Group, managing the Corporate Credit Management Exhibition from 1990 to 1992.
6. She established a privately owned specialist human resources development company in 2000, known as Vic Lawrence & Associates Limited. She later developed an executive training centre at the Protea Hotel, Oakwood Park in Lagos.
7. She is the creator and executive producer of the reality show, The Debaters, funded by Guaranty Trust Bank, launched on 3 October 2009. The show focuses on giving Africa a voice by promoting oratory.
8. She is the founder of The Inspire Africa Foundation, a non-profit organisation focused on raising funds to implement society-transforming initiatives.
9. In January 2009, the Inspire Africa Foundation alongside Moments with Mo, the Lagos State Government and UNICEF held a telethon and a charity benefit concert with the theme “Rock with a Conscience”. The donations went towards the protection of street kids.
10. She has been awarded with numerous laurels including; Forbes Media as the first African woman to launch a Pan-Africa TV channel and Entrepreneur of the Year award by Women Werk in New York.