10 Things You Didn’t Know About Olamide
The mention of the name Olamide brings into focus a young Nigerian lad who is considered one of the fastest rising stars in the music industry. He is quite good at what he does thus making him one of the highly sought music artists. The 27-years-ago belongs to a clique of young musicians that are taking Nigerian music to the next level. There is no doubt that Olamide has brought a change in the Nigerian music industry.
Well, here are 10 things about Olamide that you might find interesting to know:
1. Olamide was born and bought up in Bariga, a city in Lagos. In 2002, he decided to pursue a career in music.
2. Olamide was a part time student of mass communication at the Tai Solarin University of Education.
3. He broke into the Nigerian music industry with his hit track “Eni duro”.
4. Olamide is the first Nigerian ambassador to sign an endorsement deal with Circoc, putting him amongst other international representatives like Rick Ross and French Montana.
5. His music talent was recognised by the Nigerian musician, D’banj who wanted to sign him on his record label.
6. Having being bought up in a razz background, Olamide joined the list of the wealthy musicians at a very young age.
7. The Nigerian Entertainment Awards held in New York recently awarded him the Best Indigenous artist, Album of the year and Best Collaboration award.
8. In 2012, he left Coded Tunes and started his own record label, YBNL Nation.
9. Other than being a new breed of rap, he is also known to be quite outspoken when delivering his lyrics.
10. In November 2013, Olamide became an ambassador for Etisalat alongside Ice Prince.