Tommy Hilfiger, which is owned by PVH Corp.[NYSE: PVH], introduces the Fall 2021 brand campaign “Pass the Mic”, starring Yara Shahidi, Anthony Ramos, Jack Harlow, Wizkid, Kim Soo-Hyun and DJ Cassidy. The campaign supports the idea that everyone has the power to affect and change the world, because voices speak volumes. Together with this select group of diverse voices, consumers will have a global platform to share and amplify their message to inspire change.
Focusing on a specific topic, each talent inspires fans by asking: What inspires you to make a difference? What would you say if the world was listening? What drives you towards the future? What do you have to say?
- Yara Shahidi (U.S.A.) On Confidence: “I am the ‘I’ in light. I am the reason the future is so bright.” As one of Hollywood’s most heralded talents, award-winning actress, producer, and full-time Harvard University student uses her stand-out voice and platform to empower greatness by focusing on Confidence.
- Anthony Ramos (U.S.A.) On Community: “We change the world by redesigning who we are, but never forgetting where we came from.” Grammy-winning and Emmy nominated singer, actor and star of the upcoming Transformers: Rise of The Beasts, highlights Community through his sensuous sounds, provocative lyrics and never-ending ability to tell the truth.
- Jack Harlow (U.S.A) On Commitment: “Words mean nothing if they’re not well said.” Through authenticity, smooth melodies and clever quips, the GRAMMY-nominated, multi-platinum rapper captivates audiences by exploring Commitment.
- “Wizkid” (Nigeria) On Character: “How many tries? And still you rise.” Millennial pioneer for African entertainment, Grammy-winning singer songwriter Ayo Balogun explores the topic of Character through his well-connected international platform.
- Kim Soo-Hyun (Korea) On Change: “Our little movement towards the future makes beautiful waves and changes the world.” Known for his roles in popular TV dramas and films, Kim’s voice continues to inspire those around him as he highlights Change through an optimistic attitude and always standing up for what he believes in.
- DJ Cassidy (U.S.A.) On “Pass the Mic”: “Pass the mic and share your light. Every person, every voice can change the world. So, what do you have to say?” The creator of the groundbreaking “Pass the Mic” series, world renowned DJ Cassidy unites musical icons by passing the mic from home to home, transforming how audiences experience music.
The campaign launched on September 20, 2021. Each campaign video ends with talent saying, “I’m passing the mic to you. What do you have to say?” Audiences will be given the opportunity to respond via direct message on TOMMY HILFIGER’s Instagram account.
“Every voice has the power to light up the world,” states Tommy Hilfiger. “We are here to quite literally ‘Pass the Mic’, first to the select voices and then to our global audiences, in order to drive meaningful and long-lasting change. I am proud that our Fall 2021 collection is represented by such an incredible and diverse group who are sharing their voices, on our platform.”
The “Pass the Mic” campaign features the Fall 2021 TOMMY HILFIGER collection alongside statement makers from the brand’s archives, seamlessly blending modern prep with iconic heritage pieces. Building on Tommy Hilfiger’s ambitious sustainability mission to Waste Nothing and Welcome All, the Fall 2021 TOMMY HILFIGER collection is made using more sustainable methods and materials.
Friends and followers of the brand are invited to join the conversation on social media using #TommyHilfiger, #PasstheMic and @TommyHilfiger.