Sodiq Abubakar Yusaf popularly known as CDQ was born on 6th May 1985 in Nigeria. He is a Nigerian rapper who is signed to General Records, founded by Mastercraft. With his top notch performances at shows and events, there is no doubt that the 30-years-old rapper has managed to stay relevant in the Nigerian music industry.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the General records member, CDQ:
1. Sodiq Abubakar Yusaf better known as CDQ was born on 6 May 1985 in Nigeria.
2. His mentor is Mastercraft and signed him to his record label, General records.
3. His music genre are hip-hop and rap.
4. His hobbies are cooking, writing and travelling.
5. Studied at the University of Lagos and obtained at certificate of completion in 2001.
6. He performed at a school concert in 2002 and artists like Jesse Jagz, M.I, Dj Jimmy Jatt and Wizkid were present.
7. In 2012, he won a rap battle at the famous industry night show at the Oriental Hotel in Lagos.
8. Tiwa Savage’s husband, Tee Billz signed the rapper CDQ to the 323 Entertainment record label.
9. In May 2013, He released his album titled “SAULA” which was well received by fans.
10. He released the single “Woss Wobi” which featured Olamide in support of #BringBackOurGirls.