The Cool FM radio presenter and host of “The All Nite Cafe” show series, Dotun Kayode was born as Oladotun Ojuolape Kayode on 8 April 1984 in Lagos, Nigeria to a mother who is a nurse and a father who is a civil engineer. The Broadcasting 2000 Society awarded him with the Personality of the Year award in 2011. The talented on-air personality has definitely paved a successful path for himself in the Nigerian entertainment scene.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the Nigerian on-air personality, Dotun Kayode:
1. Dotun Kayode was born as Oladotun Ojuolape Kayode on 8 April 1984 in Lagos, Nigeria.
2. His mother was a nurse and father was an civil engineer. He has two siblings and he is the first born of his family.
3. He holds a Degree in Mass Communications from Lagos State University of Communication, specialising in Public Relations and Advertising.
4. He completed his secondary education at the MayFlower Secondary School in Ikenne.
5. He is married to D’banj’s sister, Taiwo Oyebanjo and they are blessed with cute baby girl.
6. He mentioned in an interview that his radio personality inspirations include the likes of Tope Brown, Olisa Aduba, Steve Kadiri and Dan Foster.
7. He also occasionally serves as a hypeman, working with rappers Ice Prince and Vector.
8. He commenced working at Cool FM in 2004, and he currently anchors the “Midday Oasis Show” alongside singer-presenter Temilola ‘Taymi’ Balogun.
9. He mentioned in an interview that one of the many challenges that he faced as being a on-air personality pronunciation and not being able to say what you want to say.
10. He has won numerous awards including the Young Radio Presenter of the Year 2011 award, the Broadcasting 2000 Society Award on Personality of the Year 2011 and also the Dynamic Award Best Radio Presenter. He was also nominated for the Best Radio Presenter award.