The popular Nigerian actor and comedian, Mr Ibu was born as John Okafor on 17 October 1960 in Umunekwu village. Mr. Okafor has established himself as one of the most talented comic characters in the Nollywood industry through his distinctive humour. He broke into the Nigerian entertainment scene in 2004 when he starred in the popular Nigerian film “Mr Ibu”. He has ever since made millions of fans laugh with his distinctive humour and crazy roles.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the Nigerian actor and comedian, Mr Ibu:
1. Mr Ibu was born as John Okafor on 17 October 1960 in Umunekwu village.
2. He was born into a large family and has three sisters and four brothers. His father passed away when he was 15-years-old.
3. He mentioned in an interview that he had a terrible and rough childhood as they were the poorest family in the village.
4. He holds a Degree in Mass Communications from the Institute of Management and Technology in Enugu.
5. He worked as a firewood seller, a butcher and also a hair dresser to make ends meet.
6. His acting career commenced when he started as continuity in movies in 3 December 1978.
7. He broke into the Nigerian entertainment scene in 2004 in the movie titled “Mr Ibu”, where he played the role of a father to a troublesome child.
8. He has been starred in more than 200 movies including; Mr Ibu in London released in 2004, 9 Wives released in 2005, Ibu in Prison released in 2006 and Keziah released in 2007.
9. In 2012, he went nude in front of a crowd for attention and to solicit money which led to a lot of police scrutiny. He has also recently been appointed as the brand ambassador of Go Tv in Nigeria.
10. In 2015, he married his long-time love and mother of his two children, Stella Marris. The wedding took place at Mr Ibu’s mother’s burial.