John Raoul Njeng-Njeng popularly known as Skales (born 1 April 1991) hails from Kaduna, Nigeria. He is the founder of OHK Music record label and is currently signed to Baseline Music. He is a creative musician who describes himself as an entertainer whose music is influenced by his surroundings. There is no doubt that the 24-years-old talented musician has brought a change in the Nigerian music industry.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the Man of the Year musician, Skales:
1. John Raoul Njeng-Njeng, popularly known as Skales born on 1 April 1991 in Kaduna, Nigeria.
2. He is the only child of his parent. His love for music grew while working at his mother’s cassette store.
3. He was enrolled in the Lead City University and graduated with a degree in Office Management and Technology.
4. His stage name is an acronym for “Seek Knowledge Acquire Large Entrepreneurial Skills” = Skales.
5. In 2008, he entered the Zain Tru Search competition and won the competition’s North Central region.
6. He signed a record deal with Empire Mates Entertainment (EME) in 2009 after meeting with Banky W.
7. He has collaborated with artists like Davido, Burna Boy, Ice Prince, Jeremiah Gyang, Olamide, Reekado Banks, Banky W and Knighthouse.
8. In December 2011, Skales was involved in a car accident along the Lekki-Epe Expressway. On 17 October 2013, Skales performed at the yearly concert dedicated to the late Fela Kuti.
9. Skales established his own record label, OHK Music, after departing from Empire Mates Entertainment in May 2014. He has signed an endorsement deal with telecommunications company MTN, as a ambassador for MTN Pulse.
10. His new album, “Man of the Year” is set to drop in 18 May 2015, it has been highly anticipated since he got signed to Baseline Entertainment in 2014.