The co-presenter of JARA and hilarious comedian, Helen Paul best known as Tatafo was born in Lagos, Nigeria. She is a Nigerian actress, singer, loving wife, mother of two and a stand-up comedian. She is currently pursuing a PhD in Theater Arts at the University of Lagos and currently anchors two radio programmes “Tatafo Gist” and “Comedy Drive With Tatafo”. The graduate of Theater Arts and JARA co-presenter has definitely brought humour and beauty to the Nigerian entertainment industry.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the beautiful and hilarious Nigerian comedian, Helen Paul:
1. Helen Paul best known as Tatafo was born in Lagos, Nigeria.
2. She holds a Bachelor Degree and Masters Degree in Theater Arts from the University of lagos. She also holds a Media Enterprise Certificate from the School of Media and Communications and she is cureently undergoing a PhD degree in Theater Arts.
3. Her first job in the entertainment industry was as a front desk manager and a back-up artiste at Eko Reelmix Studios.
4. She released her debut album titled “Welcome Party” in July 2012.
5. She owns a bridal and fabric boutique in Nigeria called “Massive Fabrics and Bridals” in 2012 and in 2014 she opened a film and theater academy called “Helen Paul Theater and Film Academy”.
6. She was appointed as the ambassador of Globacom in 2014.
7. She has signed a number of endorsement deals with big brands like Harpic, Independent National Electoral Commission and GoTV to mention a few.
8. She was awarded with the Comedian of the Year award in the 2012 African Film Awards and also with the Female TV Presenter of the Year in the 2012 Exquisite Lady of the Year Awards.
9. She has starred in a number of films including “The Return of Jenifa” in 2011 as a rich girl who lacked attention and in the 2012 film “A Wish” as a lady who suffered from cancer.
10. She has written a number of short stories and plays including “Life Burial” which was released in 2015.