The Enyimba Football Club and Super Eagles midfielder, Kingsley Sokari was born on 30 May 1995 in Nigeria. He has been praised as the most promising central midfielder in the Nigerian Premier Football League. He is the second Nigerian player to play for the U20, U23 team and full national team in the same year after Ahmed Musa in 2011. He was awarded with the NPFL Young Player of the Year award in 2014. The young talented 20-years-old football player is definitely a name to be reckon with in the sports industry.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the young Nigerian footballer, Kingsley Sokari:
1. Kingsley Sokari was born on 30 May 1995 in Nigeria.
2. He helped the Aba Millionaires compete in the national league and the CAF African Champions League.
3. He handed his home debut against perennial rivals Heartland, by scoring the deciding goal from a freekick.
4. He scored his second league goal away against Kaduna Utd in a superb solo effort to cap his Man of the match performance.
5. He was named the NPFL Young Player of the Year at the end of his first season (2014) and was also nominated for League Bloggers’ Player of the season award.
6. He wears the number 20 jersey for the club.
7. He joined the 2013 CAF Confederation Cup winners CS Sfaxien in December 2015 on a three-and-half year deal from Enyimba FC.
8. He scored his second goal for the club in the 49th minute of the match that ended in a 3-1 win over Stade Tunisien.
9. He was invited to train with the U-20 team in preparation for the AYC 2015; played for the U-23 side coached by Samson Siasia and earned his senior cap for the Nigerian national team in a friendly in January 2015.
10. He started the 2015 U-20 World cup game against North Korea, scoring a scorcher from 25 yards for the 3rd goal of the game.