The veteran Nollywood actor, producer, director and filmmaker, Saheed Balogun was born on 5 February 1967 in Enugu Sate, Nigeria. He is a graduate from the Kwara State University. He broke into the Nigerian entertainment scene when he presented his first television program titled “Youth Today” on NTA and later on in 1989, he produced his first film titled “City Girl”. The 49-years-old veteran actor has definitely been a source of inspiration and encouragement to many youths in Nigerian and throughout Africa.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the veteran Nigerian actor, Saheed Balogun:
1. Saheed Balogun was born on 5 February 1967 in Enugu Sate, Nigeria.
2. He completed his primary, secondary and tertiary education in the capital of Kwara State, Ilorin.
3. He is a graduate of Kwara State Polytechnic.
4. He began acting in 1978, when he presented his first television program titled “Youth Today” on NTA.
5. He produced his first film titled “City Girl” in 1989 but had featured, produced and directed several Nigerian films.
6. He was married to Nollywood actress, Fathia Balogun but is now separated. He has two children Khalid and Aaliyah Balogun.
7. He has worked with prominent entertainment stars like Segun Arinze, Sola Fosudo, Tade Ogidan, Bukky Amos and Sola Sobowale to mention a few.
8. He also featured in the 2011 Nigerian film produced by Tade Ogidan titled “Family on Fire”. The film was nominated for Best Nigerian Film and Best Film in an African Language.
9. He has starred in a number of Nollywood films including; Ofin Mose produced in 2006 and also in the first Ankara movie in Africa titled “Third Party”.
10. He has featured in over 100 Yoruba movies and few Nollywood movies till date.