The Glo ambassador and highest paid Hausa actor, Yakubu Mohammed was born in Bauchi State and raised in Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria. He is the co-founder of a production company, 2ffect Empire. He is known for producing the film titled “Jankunne” for Family Health International which was funded by the USAID. The movie earned a mention in the famous, Wall Street Journal. He is definitely a name to be reckon with in the entertainment industry.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the Kannywood versatile entertainer, Yakubu Mohammed:
1. Yakubu Mohammed was born in Bauchi State and raised in Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria.
2. He intended to studying Geology and Mining but ended up studying Mass Communications at the University of Jos. He later was enrolled at the Bayero University in Kano.
3. He lost his father when he was 9-years-old. He mentioned in an interview that the one thing that his father installed in his children was the pursuit of education.
4. He joined Kannywood while he was still an undergraduate in 1998. He has featured in over 20 movies in just two months of his arrival as an actor in Kannywood, the Hausa movie industry.
5. He wrote a number of poems and short stories during his days in early school and as an undergraduate. A few of his colleagues talked him into taking up roles as an actor and in no time he found himself in front of the camera.
6. He started off in Kannywood writing scripts and working behind the scene and in no time he found himself calling the shots and signing works as a producer.
7. He is the co-founder of a production company called “2ffect Empire”. He runs the production company with the multi-talented artiste, Sani Danja.
8. The production company has sign some movies including; DakaiZanGana, Romiyo, Gabarcikingida, Sisingwal, Mailaya Mai Zamani and Saninake so.
9. He has also produced a movie for Family Health International with funding by the USAID titled “Jankunne”. The movie earned a mention in the famous “Wall Street Journal”.
10. He mentioned in an interview that his late father is his role model and his biggest source of inspiration.