Location(s): • Abuja
Specialization: • Consulting • Administration/ Office/ Operations
Industry: • NGO / International Agencies
Job Type: Temporary
ActionAid is a global movement of people working together to further human rights and defeat poverty for all.
Job Title: Administrative Officer (Consultancy) – Abuja: 4 months (September – December 2016)
AAN is inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill the position of Admin Officer (Short Term – 4 Months), based at Abuja
- Maintain a welcome and professional environment and handle/direct all visitors and enquiries appropriately.
- Work with colleagues to establish & maintain relationship with suitable hotels across the country and manage all organizational hotel reservations.
- Provide logistics for workshops, seminars, meetings, staff retreat, and ensure adequate communication for all events.
- Manage AAN store ensuring adequacy of materials required for day to day running of the office/programmes and proper documentation of all expenses involved.
- Support organisational procurement processes
- Manage and maintain a First Aid box in accordance with AAN’s Health and Safety policy as well as ensure a hygienic and clean office environment
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in social sciences or arts/humanities
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in Front Desk management and Office administration or a related function.
- Experience in working with international development of NGO agencies.is desirable
- Experience of designing and co-ordinating training/meetings is desirable
- Highly numerate, excellent planning and prioritisation skills
- Excellent (proven) interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
To apply for this position, send your CV and covering letter in not more than 3 pages to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Tuesday 23rd August 2016 clearly stating position as the subject of the email. Please note that all applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.