Location(s): • Abuja
Specialization: • NGO / Community Services • Agriculture / Agro Allied
Industry: • Government
Application Deadline: 26 August, 2016
Job Type: Fulltime
The Federal Government of Nigeria sought and obtained financial assistance from the International Development Association (IDA) of the World Bank Group to support the implementation of the Community and Social Development Project (CSDP). The Project is aimed at reducing poverty by increasing access by the poor to improved social and natural resource infrastructure services on a sustainable manner throughout Nigeria. It also seeks to strengthen the capacity of the communities and Local Governments to adopt Community Driven Development (CDD) approach to address community level development challenges through the implementation of micro projects.
Job Title: Gender and Vulnerable Group Specialist
- Ensure the integration of vulnerable groups and gender sensitive policies and action plans in CSDP development plans;
- Assist project team to design and incorporate appropriate vulnerable groups (including gender) issues into project activities;
- Stimulate strategic approaches in the subject practice area tasking into account needs of location and equal opportunities to all beneficiaries, especially the GVG to exploit all-encompassing public goods;
- Facilitate i complementing mainstreaming strategy with targeted intervention to promote social inclusiveness;
- Liaise with the Policy Analyst and Research Officer to identify research needs emerging from COP implementation process, especially as it relates to inclusiveness in facilitation and implementation;
- Develop innovative opportunities for integrating social safety nets in project implementation;
- Prepare monthly. quarterly and annual reports of the department;
- Prepare and cost yearly work programmes for mainstreaming gender and vulnerable groups’ activities into the FPSU and SAs programmes;
- Develop, maintain and disseminate a comprehensive knowledge base on vulnerable group perspectives to promote staff awareness io the area and provide information as may he required for different purposes;
- Maintains links with and update knowledge of other relevant agencies programs on mainstreaming vulnerable groups into development agent;
- Influence processes through adoption of good practices learned from inter-agency collaboration;
- Design strategies for the encouragement of the government and its agencies to be more sympathetic and supportive towards the cause of the vulnerable;
- Any other duties assigned by the National Coordinator.
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Agricultural Extension• Rural and Environmental Development
Qualification and Experience
- At least a first degree in Social Sciences, Natural Resource Sciences, Rural and Environmental Development, Agric Extension with at least twelve (12) years of post qualification experience part of which must have been spent in donor-driven CDD projects. Computer literacy experience in Gender/Vulnerable Mainstreaming and Safety nets will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Applicants from the public/civil service or private sector are invited to apply for the above position by writing an application with ten (10) copies of comprehensive CV each of which must be signed by the applicant.
Applicants should indicate on the top left hand side of the envelop the position applied for and submit their applications to the following address:
The National Coordinator,
Federal Project Support Unit,
Community and Social Development Project,
National Social Safety Nets Coordinator Office,
14 Moussa Traore Crescent,
Off Thomas Sankara Street,
Asokor – Abuja.