The founder and chairman of BUA Group and Nigerian Bank of Industry, Abdulsamad Isyaku Rabiu is a Nigerian businessman born on 4 August 1960 in Kano, Nigeria. The son of Nigeria’s foremost industrialists, Khalifah Isyaku Rabiu has definitely taken after his father’s philanthropy and savvy entrepreneurial skills. There is no doubt that the 55-years-old businessman billionaire has been a significant inspiration to many people in Nigeria and throughout Africa.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the Nigerian billionaire, Abdulamad Rabiu:
1. Abdulsamad Isyaku Rabiu was born on 4 August 1960 in Kano, Nigeria.
2. He is the son to one of Nigeria’s foremost industrialists during the 1970’s and 1980’s, Khalifah Isyaku Rabiu.
3. Abdulsamad is the founder and chairman of BUA Group. He is also the chairman of Nigerian Bank of Industry.
4. He holds a Bachelor Degree in Economics from Capital University in Columbus, Ohio.
5. He returned to Nigeria at the age of 24 after completing his bachelor degree to oversee his father’s businesses.
6. Forbes estimated Abdulsamad’s wealth at $1.2 billion, bringing him to the global billionaire’s club in 2013.
7. He has bought homes from Eaton Square to Avenue Road known as Millionaires’ Row.
8. In 2008, he acquired the largest oil processing company in Nigeria, Nigerian Oil Mills Limited. He also owns a penthouse at The One & Only Hotel, in Cape Town.
9. He broke an eight-year monopoly in the Nigerian sugar industry by commissioning the second largest sugar refinery in sub-Saharan Africa.
10. He uses BUA Foundation for his philanthropic activities, he contributed towards the construction of the Centre for Islamic Studies at the Bayero University in Kano.