The Nollywood actor, producer and director, Kunle Afolayan was born on 30 September 1974 in Kwara State, Nigeria. He is of Igbomina-Yoruba descent. He is the son of the famous theater and film director and producer Ade Love. He won the Africa Movie Academy Award for Best Nigerian Film. The 41-years-old director, producer and actor has definitely taken after his father’s foot steps by producing and directing blockbuster films and making a name for himself in the entertainment industry.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the Nigerian actor, Kunle Afolayan:
1. Kunle Afolayan was born on 30 September 1974 in Kwara State, Nigeria. He is of Igbomina-Yoruba descent.
2. He is the son of the famous theater and film director and producer Ade Love.
3. His sister is the Nigerian actress and producer, Moji Afolayan.
4. He majored in economics and started out working in a bank while doing some casual acting, before deciding to move into full-time filmmaking and taking a course at the New York Film Academy.
5. He is married to Tolu Afolayan and they are blessed with three beautiful children.
6. He has worked with prominent entertainment stars like Chika Okpala, Jike Silva, Wale Ojo, Lydia Forson and Nse Ikpe Etim to mention a few.
7. He starred in the Nigerian film, The Figurine: Araromire alongside Chika Okpala. The film later won five major awards at the African Film Academy and it experienced tremendous success in the Nigerian movie theatres.
8. He also starred in the 2012 Nigerian romance comedy drama film, Phone Swap. It premiered in France at the first edition of NollywoodWeek Paris and won the Public Choice Award.
9. He appeared at the Subversive Film Festival in 2011 where he represented the second largest film industry in the world, the Nigerian film industry, with his colleague Zeb Ejiro.
10. He identifies himself as a free-thinker when it comes to religion.