Praiz, born with the name Praise Ugbede Adejo on 8 March 1984 hails from Kogi State, Nigeria. He is a Nigerian producer and R&B singer-songwriter who is currently signed to X3M Music record label founded by Steve Babaeko. There is no doubt that his charming lyrics and dapper looks has stolen thousands of fans hearts and has proven that he is a force to be reckon with in the Nigerian music industry.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the dapper Mr. Rich and Famous, Praiz:
1. Praiz born as Praise Ugbede Adejo on 8 March 1984 in Kogi State, Nigeria. He is the second child out of four siblings.
2. He holds a National Diploma in Computer Science from Kaduna Polytechnic.
3. He was the second runner-up in the 2008 MTN Project Fame West Africa TV show.
4. He recently donated 10 million naire to a baby girl named Sumayah, who required a heart surgery outside the country.
5. He is currently signed to X3M Music and has worked with artists like Seyi Shay, Wizkid, M.I, Bez, Awilo Longomba and Cobhams to name a few.
6. He released his hit single “Rich and Famous” in 2012, which topped many music charts in Nigeria and throughout Africa.
7. He looks up to artists like Carl Thompson, Barry White, Boys II Men and Michael Jackson.
8. He won the Best Rhythm and Blues Singer of the Year at the 2013 City People Awards.
9. He is the brand ambassador of telecommunication company, MTN and the Face of Etisalat brand.
10. He is also involved in the Safe Motherhood and Little Big Souls Foundation, which aims at assisting women who cannot afford maternal care and to reduce premature maternal mortality.