Location(s): • Jigawa
Specialization: • Medical/ Health
Industry: • Healthcare / Nutrition • NGO / International Agencies
Application Deadline: 30 June, 2016
Job Type: Fulltime
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Plan, organize, and evaluate the nursing activities and the team associated, according to MSF values, policies, protocols and universal health standards, in order to sustain the quality and continuity of the health care and the development of the pre-validated plan of action
- Implement all the required MSF protocols and the hygiene procedures, and ensures that his/her team follow the same standards, in order to guarantee the quality of the care and service in his/her department.
- Organize and coordinate the activities of his/her team (monthly roster, annual leave, absences, recruitments) evaluate their performance and define and ensure the needs for training of staff, in order to ensure that his/her ward has the correct quantity and quality of human resources.
- Ensure that all his/her team is trained for: VVF admission and discharge protocols, VVF patient pre and post op management, VVF nursing protocols (such as residual urine protocol, vulval toileting), VVF health education, recognizing changes in patient condition and contacting the doctor when needed.
- Participate in the grand round twice a week.
- Assist the VVF doctor in Preparation of surgery list. Prepare for and participate in pre and post-operative clinics. Prepare and participate in follow up clinics.
- Ensure physiotherapy and counselling is organized daily during the week.
- Work together with the expatriate VVF surgeon during his campaigns to update VVF nursing protocols.Together with the VVF doctor, VVF counsellor +/- VVF surgeon, identify patients who will benefit from a stay in MOH VVF hostel for rehabilitation.
- Supervise the pharmacy and the medical equipment management in VVF department (drugs weekly orders, follow-up of the stock, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up of expired drugs, drugs consumption, maintenance of the equipment in collaboration with the Biomed Technician) in order to satisfy the needs of the ward with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Insure that all administrative information (exit-paper, transfer-paper, etc.) and data (patient files, forms, statistics, etc.) is properly collected and transferred weekly to the data department. Participate on the monthly reporting and analysis of the activity of his/her department.
Click here to apply: http://bit.ly/1KrKqaO