Location(s): • Abuja
Specialization: • Executive / Management • NGO / Community Services
Industry: • NGO / International Agencies
Application Deadline: Not Specified
Job Type: Fulltime
Mercy Corps is an international development organization that helps people around the world survive and thrive after conflict, crisis and natural disaster.
Job Title: Deputy Country Director
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
PROGRAM/ DEPARTMENT SUMMARY:
Mercy Corps is an international relief and development organization working in over 40 countries worldwide helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
Mercy Corps has been operating in Nigeria since December 2012, with a staff of around 100 people working in twelve states of Nigeria, predominantly in the north and north – east. Mercy Corps Nigeria implements a variety of programs in the following sectors: economic development, livelihoods/food security, adolescent girls & boys empowerment, financial resilience, conflict mitigation and humanitarian response. Common themes include community engagement, inclusive development, gender, and working in partnership with local government, the private sector and civil society actors. One of the current challenges is to sustain quality of programs while continue to grow and increase our impact. The Nigeria team has a strong commitment to providing entrepreneurial and innovative solutions to development challenges, and is actively seeking and facilitating market-based solutions.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Deputy Country Director (DCD) will work closely with the Country Director (CD) and the program teams to lead new program development and strategy, ensure effective program coordination and technical support, monitoring and evaluation, quality assurance and accountability in close collaboration with the operations and finance teams. The position will be based in Abuja, with frequent travel to field sites. S/he will help represent the Mercy Corps program relevant government authorities, donors, major stakeholders (including those from the private sector), and other program partners such as the UN and other NGOs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Program Development
- Coordination and Representation
- Program Coordination
- Program Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Program Minimal Standards and Reporting
- Program Support Operations
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- International Development
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/S or equivalent in social science, management, international development or other relevant field. MA/S preferred.
- At least 10 years of overseas experience including at least 5 years in a senior management position.
- Experience managing humanitarian relief, transitional programs in areas affected by conflict and insecurity or development programs.
- Previous experience working in West Africa is desired.
- Proven track record in successful proposal writing and development.
- Experience managing programs in relevant technical area(s) including food security, economic development, gender, livelihoods, financial services and humanitarian work. Strong understanding of conflict sensitive program mainstreaming, gender or protection mainstreaming would be a key advantage;
- Strong M&E skills.
- Knowledge of major donor requirements and compliance issues.
- Strong management skills with good understanding of relevant cross-cultural issues.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Solid knowledge of security protocols and ability to work effectively in an insecure environment
To apply, click here: http://bit.ly/1KrKqaO