Location(s): • Borno
Specialization: • Security / Intelligence • NGO / Community Services
Industry: • NGO / International Agencies
Application Deadline: 27 June, 2016
Job Type: Fulltime.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
Job Title: Security Coordinator
NRC will initially be starting activities in the area of food security, water and sanitation and shelter/NFI sectors. NRC is therefore seeking Security Coordinator in Maiduguri, Nigeria. The Security Coordinator reports to the Security Adviser.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Direct supervision of the Team Leader and oversight of the operator team of the Maiduguri Communications Monitoring Centre (CMC)
• Ensuring that Standard Operating Procedures relating to the Maiduguri CMC are followed
• Monitor compliance with NRC’s Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS)
• Assist the Security Adviser with obtaining information, analysis and composing of documents
• Attend Humanitarian Security meetings held in Maiduguri (eg. INSO, UNDSS, OCHA)
• Develop networks locally with stakeholders and partner organisations
• Seek technical advice and support from country Security Adviser.
• Assist and advise the Security Adviser to ensure that the Maiduguri team is in compliance with NRC’s Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS)
• Establish/maintain effective security information networks with external actors
• Conduct briefings for new staff and visitors with regard to safety and security.
• At request of the Area Manager / Security Adviser, brief staff on security related issues during NRC meetings.
• Ensure the area team has appropriate communications equipment according to risk assessment.
• Manage the flow of Security related information in a manner that protects information security principles and appropriately informs staff.
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior Security Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal
• Valid driver’s license
• Knowledge of the context in North East Nigeria
• Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri, both written and spoken. Knowledge of other local languages in Borno State an advantage
• Experience with start-up communications room
• Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
• Highest standards of ethics and integrity
• Ability to work in insecure environments
• Communicating with impact and respect
• All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
• Commencement: ASAP
• Contract period: 31st December, 2016 (with possibility of extension)
• Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
• Duty station: Maiduguri, Borno State
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates can submit their application letter here: http://bit.ly/1KrKqaO
The title of the position (ICLA Training Officer – Maiduguri) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Please notice that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for application is 27th June, 2016 (any application received after the deadline will not be considered).
• Please notice that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Please note that to apply at NRC is FREE!!!
• NRC does not ask for money or any form of favour for submission of application or employment.
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer Women are particularly encouraged to apply to this position.